Major Concern 1: To enhance self-management and active learning skills.
1. Career Planning (Junior form):
- More workshop services from different NGOs for LWL with EDB Life Planning Grant.
- F.3 subject selection lessons were conducted by career teachers twice in the second term. F.3 subject selection booklet was given out.
- Book fair related to career and jobs was held twice in library.
- The career world introduction will be strengthened and included in a spiral curriculum of career education next year.
2. Career Planning (Senior form):
- Career talk, exhibition and book fair were organized in Career Week. Career talk on flight attendant was organized for F.6 students.
- Two workshops of Mock JUPAS were held for F.5 students. Career teachers gave individual counseling to low achievers in the post exam period.
- All JUPAS, EAPPS and Mainland applications were submitted by F.6 students. This year, more students applied Non-JUPAS programmes which can diversify their career choices. JUPAS talk was organized by Hok Yau Club on 2 July for all F.6 students and parents.
- Visits to VTC, PolyU, CUHK and HKUST were organized for F.4-6 students in LWL lessons.
- DSE results were released on 15 Jul. All F.6 students were required to stay behind for counseling.
3. IB Career Planning
- F.3 IB introduction and subject selection briefing had been provided to potential students and parents
- Questionnaires had been provided to IB students about subject selection and interested career programmes in order to facilitate our planning in next year.
- Visit to HKUST in LWL lesson.
- PolyU summer workshop for selected students.
Major Concern 2: To elevate academic achievements in international assessments
4. IELTS Preparatory Course and Exam
- Preparatory course was conducted by Wall Street. 62 students joined.
- 91% of F.5 students sat for the IELTS exam.
- UKVI IELTS was introduced by British Council. This could be an alternative for students next year.
Major Concern 3: To recognize high achievers and provide financial support to the needy
5. Fee Remission and Scholarship Schemes:
- There were about 100 successful applicants for school fee remission. The total amount was about two million dollars.
- Information leaflet will be given to parents next year.
- 21 students received scholarship from Po Leung Kuk and Youth Arch Association.